Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Week 49 - June 30, 2018

Hey, Family!

Well, I wasn't able to write you Monday too much, but I hope that you guys realized that I now will be writing every Saturday at about this hour.  I'm probably going to have to change the format of how I do my letters because in the offices the days are very different than how they were before. Honestly, they kind of feel the same.  But I love it here so much in the offices.  It's a complete different lifestyle than it has been in any other sector so far.  As the Finance Secretary, I'm in charge of a good amount of things.  It's pretty stressful because I have to do almost everything perfect because a lot of the things that I do are very important and confidential.  I have to do all of the payments of every missionary, house, medical stuff and basically everything that goes on in the mission that you don't even realize as a normal missionary.  But it's honestly been super fun up to this point.

Elder Ross is my new comp.  He is from Spokane, Washington.  He's a really good guy.  We have gotten along really well.  He has been the financial secretary for the past five months, so he already knows the system really well.  He's been helping me out and training me to be the next secretary.  He's a great guy.  I've really enjoyed being with him up to this point.  Not only that, he is from my same group, so we will be celebrating one year together!  Also, with me going to the offices for these next six months, that means that next transfer Elder Myers is going to be my next companion, another Elder from my group! 

The sector that we are in is called Iñaquito.  It has been one of the hardest sectors in the entire mission for the past couple years.  It is like exactly in the middle of Quito.  All of the people here actually have really good money.  There are definitely a lot of good things about this sector.  First, we have by far the best house in the mission.  It honestly is a joke how nice it is.  We have three showers, a really nice kitchen, and about 35 beds.  We always have to use it when we have meetings in Quito, so there are always missionaries staying at our house.  A bunch of missionaries were at our house this week, so we basically slept like 8 hours in 3 days. It was so hard.  I was always super tired this week.  Also, our sector has the best food in the mission.  We have a bunch of restaurants that are super good.  Also, we were able to see a tender mercy this week.  We got a reference from the Sister Missionaries this week named Sofia.  We went to meet her this week, and she is such a miracle.  She is already super prepared and talking about how excited she is to keep listening to us.  Honestly, she is one of the biggest miracles in the mission that I've seen.  Also, I met a guy in my ward that served in the same mission as Collin Magee.  He's so cool. We also have a super cool ward mission leader.  It makes me super excited to be here. 

Also, this week a lot of great missionaries went home... Elder Johnson, Elder Morton, Elder Welch, Elder George and so many more.  It was honestly super sad to say bye to them. They are some of the best missionaries that I have ever met. The night before they finished, they all stayed in our house, so it was awesome.  We stayed up basically all night just talking to them.  But something cool is that I was able to see Elder Johnson and his family.  They delivered a package for me, which was such a great blessing.

There have been some tough days as well here.  Because of everyone being rich here in our sector, it has been super hard to contact.  One day, we contacted about 50 houses and not a single person even listened to us... Not a single person.  It was pretty frustrating to be honest.  But I can say that I know that we did our part.  Also, we do spend a little bit of time in the office, so it's hard to go out and contact and teach people everyday.  But I've been super happy, and I've loved every second of my time here so far.

Today we went to the Zoo.  Now that I have P-day on Saturday, the Zoo is open!  It was actually super fun!  I forgot how much I love zoos haha.  Reminded me of when the Bird in Australia was attacking mom haha.  But here's some pics from the zoo.




Thanks for everything.  Love you all so much!  Elder Copeland


No comments:

Post a Comment