Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Week 21 - December 18, 2017

Re:  Star Wars

No, I didn't see Star Wars, and yes, I know that it came out.

Tuesday.  Today we went into Quito for a Zone Conference and we went to the house of Pres. Murphey.  It was honestly so fun. 





We talked about some stuff, but something that stuck out to me was something Hna. Murphey said.  She was talking about how missionaries think that Mission Presidents only want numbers and baptisms, but in reality, they just want these people to receive the greatest gift they can receive and that changed my entire aspect of the mission and my investigators.  Great day in Quito though.  We played some games and talked.  It was awesome.

Wednesday. Today was not the most eventful day, to be honest.  We went and taught some investigators, got Fam Madruñero ready for their baptism, and answered all of their doubts.

Thursday.  Today was kind of the same.  We had a really good lesson with one of our investigators, Andres.  He's really cool.  He had cancer when he was a kid, so we talked about the Plan of Salvation.  He loved it  and wants to be baptized.  He just works a lot, so were trying to help him be able to come to church.

Friday.  Today I went on an Interchange with Elder Vega (he's from my group, from California) and it was so cool.  I got to meet all of their investigators and they were so cool. That's the best part about going on interchanges.  You get to see all of these amazing people that are trying so hard to change their life.  And even better, I get to be a little part of it. 

Saturday.  Today was the baptism of Fam Madruñero and it was so amazing--one of the coolest things I've been part of. I got to baptize the mom and the cool part about it is, is that she was born on the same day and year of my mom (love you, Mom.)  But Christian was baptized before I got here, so he got to baptize his little brothers.  He's planning on going on a mission when he turns 18.  Ahhh!  I love them so much.



Sunday.  We got to contact forever today, so that was really fun.  But we got to teach Nancy again and she brought more of her family over, and it was so cool.  They are all so interested now.  We're working really hard with them so that they can have the "best gift on the planet."

Love, Elder Copeland

(Elder Copeland stated:   "A hoarder's house just made of things he found on the street.  And his 100 dogs chained to it.")

No comments:

Post a Comment