Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Week 36 - April 3, 2018

LA COSTAAA!

My mom's birthday is this next Thursday, just so all of you know.  If you can all tell her how amazing she is and give her the biggest hug for me, that would be awesome.  Love you, Mom.  

It was a pretty good week for me here.  Also, having to deal with transfers.. Also, sorry I was not able to write yesterday.

Monday.  Today after Pday, we were able to pass by a family )Guatamal= for the first time in like 3 months.  They have been one of my favorite families in the mission, but they just never have time.  They are in a really hard situation, but we were able to talk about the Plan of Salvation a lot and tell them how they can be with their family again.  It made them so happy.  I´m really hoping that a lesson like this one can help them come to the church and really change their lives. After, we were able to pass by fam Madruñero and talk to them for awhile.  Wow!  I love them so much.

Tuesday.  Today for our District Council, we talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  During this week, we are trying to focus everything that we do with the Atonement of Christ. After, we received a call from this guy that we met about five weeks ago.  He told us that he needed help for his daughter in English.  So we told him that we would love to.  He asked where we were and he came and picked us in his taxi with his family.  After, we were just talking in his car and he took us to get some Bizcochos ).  It's a really popular food here in Cayambe= and we were able to talk a lot about the church. We were able to finish the day talking to a family that has been a little inactive.  They are so cool.  I hope so badly that they can be reactivated.

Wednesday.  Today I had divisions with Elder Beckstead.  It was so fun.  He´s honestly one of my best friends, such a good guy.  But here in Cayambe, it´s been pretty hard this week because we are in a period when everyone is working a lot.  They all work in flowers and everyone is getting ready for Mothers Day.  If you didn´t know, about every flower in America that you buy is from here in Cayambe or Tabacundo, my sector.  So if you guys go and buy one, basically it´s from me.  But we spent the day looking for a lot of investigators that we weren´t able to find.  So we finally ended the day finding some old investigators that I taught forever ago.  It was a pretty fun day--always fun to be with other missionaries and learn from them.

Thursday.  Today was another pretty good day.  We are able to find this one girl that used to listen to the missionaries about 10 years go.  So we talked to her about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the gospel.  I've honestly taught this lesson about 1000 times and nobody understood the listen better than she did.  We asked her what she got out of the lesson and she went off for about five minutes explaining everything.  It was so amazing.  After, we helped the girl that needed help in English.  They had to film us and she just asked me questions in English.  Haha it was so funny.  She had no idea what she was saying or what I said.  We ended the day talking to a family that not all of them are members. We were able to talk to them about the Atonement, also.  It´s such a fun topic to talk about.

Friday.  Today was honestly a really hard day.  We started off with trying to find one of our investigators and after awhile we finally found him so drunk... It was so sad.  We asked him what was going on and he told us how his girlfriend left him and went with someone else.  Now he hates his life.  It was so sad.  One of the worst and saddest things I've seen yet. But you can´t change their decisions in their life.  After this, we just went looking for our investigators and nobody was there.

Saturday.  Today we went up to Otavalo and watched conference.  I was able to watch in in English with some other Elders, which was so awesome.  Conference was so good!  Oh my gosh!  President Russell M. Nelson is without doubt a prophet of God.  I know that God guides his church through these men.  I´m so grateful for them and their words. I loved how much they talked about, the importance of temples and temple work.  At the end of the night, we also had to stay the night in Otavalo.  But more important we found out what was going to happen for transfers and it turns out that I´m..... Leaving Cayambe Ñ)  After almost 5 months there, I´m leaving.  I will be going to the COAST!!  I´m heading to a sector called Propicia.  I don´t know too much about it.  All I know is that it is extremely hot haha. 

Sunday. Today we finished watching more of conference and it was another two great sessions.  But the highlight for me was the new temples.. One IN RUSSIA!!  WHAT__ But even more important NICARAGUA!!  Shout out to Connor and TMac for working so hard there to get a temple there for those amazing people!  After, we returned to Cayambe and went and said bye to everyone.  Fam Cabascongo, Fam Trujillo, Fam Madruñero, and Fam Cholango.  And honestly, it was so hard, hands down one of the hardest things I´ve ever had to do.  I´m going to miss Cayambe so much.  But even more important, the people.  Those people changed my life forever, and I will never forget them.  I can´t wait to get back and see them.

Monday. Today, honestly, I have been traveling in a bus all day.  It took about 8 hours to get to my new sector.  I've only gotten to know a little about the sector since I've been here. We had a lesson to end the day with an investigator, and it was so awesome.  We were able to put a baptismal date on her.  The people here on the coast talk pretty different and a lot faster.  But now I´m so excited to be here!  Love, Elder Copeland

 Elder Harris and Elder Bogren with Elder Copeland
Elder Haslam and Elder Bogren with Elder Copeland 
Elder Copeland's District in Otavalo
 Watching Conference.

 Monica and
Pictures of some of the other many people Elder Copeland is going to miss in this area:
Fam Cabascongo, Mataeo, Fam Cholango, Fam Madruñero, Fam Trujillo.






Some party in Cayambe

No comments:

Post a Comment