Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Week 42 - May 14, 2018

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! 

Love you, Mommy.  I know that I already talked to some of you guys yesterday, but... This is what happened week!

Tuesday.  Today we had a lesson with Karen, and we talked to her about a lot of things.  We came with a member and her boyfriend who is already member.  We talked to her about how she could recognize the Spirit, and it was going good and we asked her boyfriend how he has felt the Spirit before in his life.  So that was a bummer hearing that from a member and it didn´t help us at all teach Karen.  After, we stopped by and taught Paola, and we were a little nervous that maybe she changed her mind about her baptism and her wedding and we got everything set up.  She´s really excited. She will be getting married May 21st and now has a baptismal date for the June 2nd.  She´s such a good example of faith to me.  After, we went to a birthday party of some of our investigators and we were in charge of the food so we cooked some Burritos.  I had a little kid try and take a photo of it, but he didn´t press hard enough on the button, so I don´t have a picture now.  Sorry...

Wednesday.  Today I had interchanges with Elder Miranda )Bolivia.=  He came over to our sector and it was pretty fun. We had a day that was kind of rough, but we were able to get some things done.  We had a lesson with one of our recent converts and his brother was there, and wow the dude was so rude!  He started the conversation bashing on USA and Bolivia, then he starting talking bad about the church.  Haha it was really interesting but we made it through and were able to teach Felix about the importance of Family History.  That was basically our day though, and about every single lesson fell through.

Thursday.  Today we started the day off going to do some service for a member in the other ward.  We had to carry some things over to their little store that they have haha. After, we went and visited Bismark and it was pretty cool.  We have been talking to him about D/C and he´s really interested in it.  I don´t know how else we can help the guy get baptized though.  Then, after we had another day of lessons falling through.  Besides one, we passed by and she struggles with reading.  We had to explain again to her how we read the scriptures and how there are chapters and verses.  I told her that she had to read Chapter 2... and she read, "Chapter 2," and she thought that she did such a good job and yeah it was awesome.  But that is not what I meant haha.  

Friday.  Today we started off going to fill out the baptismal paper of Danna and Ninoska.  We were able to teach them about baptism a little more.  After, we went and visited family Sosa and they are so awesome.  I told their little kids that I´m from Africa and that I speak African, and they have believed me for a whole month now haha.  They always ask me to speak African and I just say jibberish and do weird sounds and they think that it is so funny haha.  But the parents understand everything and want to be baptized, but they just don´t want to come church every Sunday.  So, it´s the biggest bummer because they also came to the activity that we had at night.  But I´m hoping for a miracle for them.  After, the Elders from Aire Libre have had a problem with something, so I had to go over to their sector and teach one of their investigators with Elder Ellsworth.  After, I came back here to our sector and we had an activity in the church for Mothers'
Day.  Obispo asked me 10 seconds before the activity that I had to give a thought about mothers, so I basically just was up there for 5 minutes bragging about Mom.  Haha but it was a fun activity.  We were able to have some investigators come, which was awesome.

Saturday.  Today, I had an interview of an investigator in Aire Libre.  Her name is Myra.  She's 26 years old, and she was really cool.  She was really nervous for the interview, so it was pretty awkward haha, but she did pass her interview and it was all good.  After, we came back and were able to finally teach one of our investigators that we have been looking for, for the last four weeks.  So that was a blessing.  After, we had the baptism of Danna and Ninoska, and it was so amazing.  I say the same thing every time when we have baptisms.  It´s because it´s just without doubt one of the best feelings on the planet.  Being able to see children of God trust in him.  It was such a good night.  





After, we found out about transfers and my companion is leaving and I´m going to receive some guy from Peru!  So, I´ll let you know more about him in the future haha. 

Sunday. Today was the confirmation of Danna and Ninoska, and it was all good.  Another great experience to be a part of. We spent the rest of the day saying bye to our investigators with my comp.  Also, I got to call my family.  It was such a great experience.  It helped me a lot to keep pushing to be better and work harder.  But ,that was basically my week. 

Book of Mormon.  This week, I was able to finish the Book of Mormon.  I did a study for the past four months about the Book of Mormon, looking for each time that the people fell into temptation.  I studied how we can avoid temptation, the blessings we receive when we are obedient, and the consequences of when we aren´t obedient.  One thing that I learned is that it is not that hard to stay firm in the church.  We just need to be humble and have charity.  If you want a good example, read Moroni 7, the best chapter in the Book of Mormon.

A photo of the District

Family Night with Paola

Love you all, Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment