Pages

Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 51 - July 14, 2018

Hello, Friends and Family

Honestly, this week was not the craziest thing ever.  I'm going to try and keep my letters as interesting as I possibly can during my time here in the offices.

We started this week off with a killer Sunday.  We had a record of five investigators at church.  The ward has been helping us out a ton here.  The missionaries haven't had five investigators at church in almost the past two years, which is crazy.  It's even harder that we spend most of the time in the offices.  We were able to visit some recent converts in the night time and it was great.  They were all from Venezuela, and we just talked to them and taught one of their new friends.  It was pretty cool.  She didn't want to listen to us at first because she told us that she just thought that our church was for rich people and racist.  We explained the Book of Mormon and she got extremely interested.  We answered all of her doubts, and she got super interested and excited to learn more and read the Book of Mormon.

This week has been a pretty busy week for me in the offices. My comp just basically just leaves me to do what I should normally do and I'm not completely used to everything yet, so it's been pretty stressful.  But it should only take a week or two more to be able to get everything down.  But it's been a great experience up to this point.  One of my favorite parts is that we get to know President Murphy even better, and more importantly is that sometimes Sister Murphy brings in cookies!!  Haha

Also, I was able to do an interchange with our Zone Leader, Elder Christensen.  It was pretty cool because he used to be in my district when I was in Cayambe.  So it was a good time to be able to catch up on the mission before he heads out at the end of the change.  We contacted basically the entire day... But something cool that happened is that I got my first new investigator contacting houses here in my new sector. Haha it took about three weeks, but miracles happen!

Our investigator, Sofia, showed us that it is impossible to have a perfect investigator.  We found out that she has a problem with the Word of Wisdom... But she gave us a lot of hope.  She explained to us how she has been trying to leave it for the past two months and has only fallen like four times. She has been working super hard and we have gotten such good support from the ward to help her out, which is such a blessing.  We were able to meet her friend that introduced her to the church.  He's a returned missionary.  He served in Brazil, and he got home about a year ago... But the sad part is that he is already less-active and isn't the best example for Sofia.  It was kind of sad that I had to see that a missionary could end up like that.  But we passed by the next day with our ward mission leader, and she opened up to us a ton.  We got her going again and she got super excited again.  She got really excited to set up a plan on how we can avoid all of these temptations that she has been having with the Word of Wisdom.

Honestly, not the most exciting week that I've had in the mission.  Today we just went to the chapel and played some ping pong for the first time in about a year.  If you are wondering if I won, I did... Haha Love you all.  Elder Copeland



And a throw back to last week with Pres Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment