Pages

Monday, September 24, 2018

Week 59 - September 15, 2018

Dear Family,

Well, I don't even know where to start this.  Honestly, so many things have happened.  Without doubt, one of the craziest weeks of the mission so far . . .

Let's start with the bad news first.  This week while we were in the Offices, President came in on a Tuesday, which was super weird, because he never does.  He was talking to Elder Myers for a little bit and than called the rest of us in.  We all thought that we were going to talk about transfer week, but President informed us that Elder Myers has to go home…Honestly, I don’t think that I’d ever been so sad in my life.  It turns out that when Elder Myers went to the hospital the other week, it was his third incident with peanuts--all of them resulted in him going to the hospital.  And this time the doctor told us that if we would have waited five more minutes, he probably would have died… So, President and the doctors decided that it is far too dangerous for him to stay here… But it’s still super hard to here.  I've know Elder Myers since day one and he is one of the best missionaries that I know.  The mission is going to miss him big time…It’s been super hard for me to understand it, but you have to trust in the Lord.

This makes things super interesting here in the offices for us. Elder Myers was just about to train someone here in the offices as the Visa Secretary, but now President asked Elder Myers to train Elder Morris for these last five days of the change, which is so crazy because it always takes a long time to understand the tasks that you have to do in the offices.  Poor guy… So this week I was not companions with Elder Myers…I was with Elder Molina (Honduras) in a different sector, which was super awesome because I was super excited to go with him.  But now it gets even weirder. For changes, I’m going to go back to Iñaquito and train somebody in the offices for the next change.  So, instead of having six months here in the offices, I will only have four and a half.  Haha honestly super crazy!  I don’t even know how to explain what has been happening here in the mission haha. But I’m super excited to be able to go back to Iñaquito and serve the people there again.

Let's go to the good news now!  This week we had the baptism of Mariana!!!  I’m so happy that Elder Myers was able to finish with a baptism, but even more happy for her. She is honestly so amazing.  Every time that we talk to her about her baptism and the temple, she honestly gets so happy.  I want everyone to see what she does when we talk about it, it's so funny.  But we were able to have the baptism and it was a moment to remember.  I will never forget it.  We were able to have a lot of people attend the baptism, which is always something super special.  President and Hna Murphy came, as well as our other investigator, Guilliana!!  Ahhh I’m so happy here.




For more good news, like I explained more, I was able to be companions with Elder Molina this week,and honestly he is so awesome.  I have always wanted to be companions with him.  It’s kind of sad that we only had one week together, but it was an awesome week.  We got some work done here in La Luz.  One cool fact about Elder Molina is that he was ranked the 3rd best Clash Royale player in the world.  He made money off of it, so freaking cool haha.  But we are hoping that we will be companions again in the future!!

This was hands down one of the most interesting weeks of my life, to be honest.  But it was something that you can learn off of.  I’ve continued reading in Helaman this week and honestly, it is so good.  There is so much information that is inside of it.  I hope some of you were able to read some parts of it and get something out of it.  I was talking to our ward mission leader who just got back from his mission and he was telling me about how he has already been having a hard time reading in his scriptures.  I hope we can always remember the power that one verse has in the Book of Mormon.  It is so important that we can put down social media, music, or Netflix for Christ.  If it’s too hard for you, I’m doing it for 2 years.  Love, Elder Copeland

The best people on the planet


No comments:

Post a Comment