Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Week 71 - December 3, 2018

Dear Family,

This week pretty long, to be honest.  We spent a lot of time outside of our sector because we had divisions with the Assistants in Quito.  So, I was able to go with Elder Vega and wow!  I don't think I've had a harder day in the mission haha. Everybody was rejecting us. They were yelling and just treating us super badly.  It was a good learning lesson for us though.

As well, this week I went and did divisions with Elder Bracken in Cotacachi.  While I was in the offices, I saw Elder Bracken start his mission and I went out contacting with him.  It's crazy to see how much he has improved in his short time in the mission.  But Cotacachi is a very interesting sector there are a bunch of Americans there from the states.  It's a place where a bunch of people go to retire.  So, we went and had a lesson with the Stirling family and it was only in English.  It was super weird.  They're all members.  They came here to help build up the church, such amazing people.  The husband brought his whole family which includes 4 kids, the oldest being 12.  They are here going to school learning Spanish and a lot more.  Such an amazing family.



As well, we were able to listen to our prophet yesterday.  I love listening to his words.  He is such an amazing example. I loved how he talked about the four gifts that Christ has given to everybody.  First, Love- the ability to love everybody as well as to be loved.  Second, Forgiveness-  the chance that we have to forgive someone that has hurt us, or the joy we feel when somebody we have hurt decides to forgive us. Third, Repentance- the ability to change from bad to good. Lastly, Eternal Life-  to know that we have the chance to live the way God lives.  I loved these four answers because here in the mission I have truly learned that with these four things, you can be happy.

Sorry for the short email.  Honestly, not too much happened this week.  Kind of a hard week, to be honest.  We weren't able to visit a lot of our investigators that have baptismal dates because we weren't in our sector for that much time. As well, this Sunday I got sick, so it was just kind of a long week.  But, I know that this next coming week will be better. It's the last week of changes, so we'll have to see what happens.

Just wait for the Fotos haah.














No comments:

Post a Comment