Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Week 78 - January 21, 2019

Well, to start off, thanks for all of the birthday wishes that you guys wrote me. They honestly meant a lot. 



After writing you guys on Monday, we went to visit some investigators and when we got there they had a cake waiting for me.  Honestly, one of the best birthday gifts that I have ever received... 

This week we had interviews with President, and they were awesome. We talked a lot about the future and what is going to happen in my last four changes. Got me super excited for the future!



As well, this week we had the baptism of Indy!!  Indy was honestly super excited for his baptism and was so prepared. He told us that all he wants to do now is be a missionary.  He was a good example and a reminder to his family when he got baptized.  His family has been struggling to be happy after the death of their mom.  It made me happy to see all of them together smiling and happy!!  Such a great day.


Other than that, it was a pretty rough week for us.  We have been looking for new investigators basically the whole week and didn't really get anything.  But, nothing to complain about.  We're doing great here and have some solid investigators as of right now!  As well, this week I was able to go on divisions with Elder Quitnero (Columbia).  He is super cool!  I hope one day we can be companions.  We had a super good day.  We were able to teach Familia Ipiales Rojas and help them understand the Sabbath day a little better.  It was honestly a super cool lesson.  The husband, Jose, told us that he was Catholic, and we started asking him a bunch of questions.  All of a sudden, his heart changed and he started understanding everything that we were teaching.  He was became super interested in what we were sharing and later did the prayer to finish the lesson.  The Spirit was so strong. 

As well, we had changes this week, and I will be staying here another change!!  I'm super excited to stay here another six weeks.  We have a lot of potential here for this next change!! I'll be receiving a new companion, Elder Vidal.  I'm super excited!  I don't really know him super well.  I just know that he is from Peru.  He seems like a super good guy.  I'm going to miss Elder Fernandez, though.  He is without doubt one of my best companions so far.  Should be a good next six weeks!:)  Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment