Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Week 7 - September 11, 2017

WOW!  I made it to Ecuador, and it´s amazing and one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! 
Quito is absolutely massive and there are so many houses here.  For my weekly emails, I'll kind of just write a daily report of what happened day by day and hopefully that will be good.

Monday:  We left the MTC early and headed to the Airport ,and when I got to the airport, I saw my dad there, it was so cool.  Not only was he on my flight, the person that was sitting next to him let me sit by him, so I got to talk to my dad the whole flight.  It was such a blessing. 

After the flight to Atlanta, we flew to Quito and I had the chance to give a Book of Mormon to the people sitting next to me, so that was awesome.  We landed and it was really dark when we got there, so we didn't really get to see much.  But we got to see my Mission President and some other missionaries right when we walked out.  We drove to the secretary's house and went to bed for the day.

Tuesday:  We woke up and we had the perfect view of the whole city.  We later went to a District Meeting with the secretaries and then went street contacting for a little. While Elder McCleese, Elder Morton (AP), and I were tracking, we got nine people that were interested and gave away a couple of Books of Mormon.  And, no, I did not really understand anything that was going on, and I didn't say too much, but it was awesome.  We later went to my Mission President's house and ate dinner and his view of the city was even better.  We then went to bed for the night shortly after.

Wednesday:  Haha a crazy day.  It was very long and required a lot of walking with my luggage.  We woke up and went to the chapel so that we could find out what sector we were going to and to meet our trainers.  We did a bunch of training, then I finally found my companion.  His name is Elder Ayuso, from Chili, and he is such a good dude.  I like him a lot.  And he knows a lot of English, so that is nice.  

 
Then we found out that we were going to go to the Ofelia sector, the Cangahua district, and we are in charge of two cities, Pisuli and Roldoz, probably the poorest part of Quito.  

We had to take a bus to our sector with all my luggage, and that took forever.  And when we got there we had a lesson with Grace, and I didn't understand really anything.  But she is getting baptized this SATURDAY!

Thursday:  What a day!  It was so good!  We did so much!  We first studied for awhile and then went out with some members to teach (the members in my ward are very good).  And since we have two cities, it takes awhile to get place to place and we're walking up straight mountains the entire time.  I don't know how they build houses here because it's so steep. We then went to teach the Irgue family.  It's a mom and a 15 year old girl (She's already been baptized, just not the mom).  We had a very good lesson about Jesus and she accepted to be baptized.  It was so cool, especially cause I actually said a little.  Then we went and taught another family.  There was one mom and 2 daughters, and we taught them on faith, and I invited them to read Alma 32.  We then taught another family on prayer and i invited them to read Alma 34, and they kept asking me how to say things in English.  They're such a good family.  Two of them accepted baptism awhile ago, but they need to get married first, but they don't have the money.  I hope that they will find a way.

Friday:  This was an interesting day.  I saw some interesting things.  We went to go and teach a guy named Victor, and I understood more of what he was saying.  I asked him to be baptized and he said he would love to. We need to  meet with him more though until he can actually be baptized.  We then went with Hermana Matilda (A member from Otavalo) and went and visited less actives and taught them.  We taught one more girl later that day that has a baptismal date and I understood nothing that she said, but I had this feeling that I should share a scripture with her (cause that's basically all I can do) and she loved it.  I love this place so much and the people are so awesome and very small.  Haha no one is close to my height here.

Saturday:  Today we didn't have as many lessons, so for a lot of the day we were contacting and we got a good amount of  people that were interested.  We went and visited a less active and her daughter that is not a member and taught them.  They are extremely poor and live off everything they have in their yard (not really a yard) such as chickens, rabbits, and all of the stuff that they garden.  But during the lesson, I again had no idea what was going on, but I had this feeling to share something and my companion told me after that it was perfect for her.  <the Spirit talks to us, we just have to listen.

Sunday:  First Sunday here in Pisuli, and it was so cool to see how awesome the members are in my ward.  We filled up the chapel, so all of the missionaries had to sit in the overflow. Also, I had to bear my testimony and it was very simple because my Spanish is so awful, but it was cool going up there.  WE then did a zone activity at a park just contacting a bunch of people, which was awesome.  I also got to see Elder Johnson because he is my Zone Leader, which was pretty cool.


 (Elder Johnson and Elder Copeland.)

Love you all so much.  We just went shopping today for our house, so we got some food. 

 (A popular soup in Ecuador.)
(The apartment Elder Copeland and Elder Ayuso live in.)



This is hard work, but I love doing it and I know that I will get better if I trust in the Lord and do my part.  Ecuador is the best place on the planet, and I love it so much.  Hope everything is going well for everyone.  Sorry if I misspelled anything.  This keyboard is pretty bad.

Love, Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment