Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Week 82 - February 18, 2019

Well, as you guys already know, there was a pretty big change about the way I can communicate with you guys.  But, I'm still going to continue to do my weekly email.  I feel like at this point they are basically only for me haha.  But, I like to write my e-mails so that I don't forget all of the lessons that I've learned here in the mission.

This week was honestly a great week!  We had a some little miracles here.  The first one being Luis Caicedo.  He is a reference from the sister missionaries here in Otavalo.  We visited him twice this week, and it turns out that Luis's wife is a member of the Church and was baptized when she was 8 and went to church for 8 years and has been less-active for 15 years...  We got to the house, and they told us a lot about their life and the problems that they have had, and honestly, it was super sad to hear all of the things that have happened to their family... But, we shared a message with them and they told us that we were the angles that they had been praying for... They are so amazing.  Luis has already accepted a baptismal date for the end of March.  Honestly, such an amazing miracle that we found this week!!

As well, you're going to see we spent a lot of time in the farm this week.  Not only did we find a bunch of pigs and llamas, but, we were able to find a bunch of people, as well.  



We found a young couple that has a friend who is a member.  The husband is not very interested, but the wife is super interested.  Their kid was born paralyzed and it's been super hard for them.  As they heard our message, they got super excited to go to church and read the Book of Mormon.

As well, we went to a place that I've never been to before that is honestly super far away.  We were contacting up there and out of no where someone came up to us and asked us if she could come to church with her siblings.  She told us that she used to go to church with her dad and mom, but the dad passed away and the mom abandoned her and her four little brothers.  She is only 16 years old and dedicates her entire week to working for her siblings... Super sad, but we are hoping that we be able to find a way to be able to bless them!

But, I think the highlight from this week was being able to go down to Cayambe and visit some of my converts!!  Oh my, I didn't realize how much I missed them.  Luis Marcelo, now has the Melchezedec Priesthood.  Cristian will go on his mission in 6 months!  Michael now has the Priesthood, so he can pass the sacrament.  Jordan is going to get the Priesthood in one year!!  Wow!  They are the most amazing family ever!




I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week in the Book of Alma.  I love the story of Alma and Amulek and how they got to know each other and the type of missionaries they were. But, I noticed something important in Chapter 10.  This is right after Alma teaches the people of Ammonihah and is cast into prison.  Later in Chapter 10, Amulek gets up, (who is someone from Ammonihah), and shares his testimony about how listening to Alma has blessed him.  In verse 11, "For behold, he hath blessed mine house, he hath blessed me, and my women, and my children, and my father and my kinsfolk; yea, even all of my kindred hath he blessed and the blessing of the Lord hath rested upon us according to the words which he spoke."  After sharing his testimony, we see that in verse 12, "the people began to be astonished, seeing there was more than one witness who testified of the things whereof they were accused,..."  Having a second testimony helped Alma have more success in his mission.  As a missionary, sometimes I feel like we are like Alma testifying of amazing things that we believe in, but if we don't have Amulek or the members sharing their testimony, it makes it a lot harder for us to help the people come unto Christ.  Who are you going to share your testimony with this week??

Love you all, Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment