Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Week 83 - February 25, 2019

Well, to be honest, this week was not the craziest week in the mission.  We starting off the week having interviews with President Murphy.  Every time I have interviews with President, I learn so much more. We talked a lot about the importance of setting goals and how it will bless me the rest of my life.  But as well, we have changes this week, so we'll see what happens...

As well, we were able to do divisions with the Elders of Cotacachi.  I went with Elder Gerhart (Heriman, Utah) to his sector in Cotacachi.  We were able to teach an English class together and eat with the Americans that they live with.  They made us an American breakfast and, honestly, I didn't realize how much I missed American food.  It was so good haha.  But it ended up being a super good day.  We were able to find some new investigators together.


As well, this week we were able to get some good references from the members.  We found two families which ended up being super awesome.  The Ruiz family we were able to visit Thursday, and they are little crazy, but we were able to talk a lot about the Plan of Salvation.  It ended up being a great lesson, and we have another day to come back and teach them a little bit more.

As well, we went to the baptism of the Elders of Punyaro and it turns out that her whole family came and none of them are members.  It turns out that the dad is a Utah Jazz fan!!  Haha So we ended up talking a good amount about the NBA and he told us that he felt the Spirit in the baptism and wanted us to pass by their house and visit their family.  They are such an amazing family and have a bunch of potential to progress. Such a miracle, to be honest.  We are so excited to start 
teaching them.



 


Luis Caicedo is an investigator that we have with date and the rest of his family came with him to church! It was so nice to see that they could leave some things behind and come to church.  He is progressing a lot and is reading the Book of Mormon a lot.  He is doing great, and we are working hard to get him to his baptismal date!

This week, I was reading a talk from President Kimball and he is talking about a verse in Revelations 3:20 where it says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup (or dine) with him, and he with me."  Elder Kimball made a comment about this verse saying, "One day (an artist named Holman Hunt) was showing his picture of 'Christ Knocking at the Door' to a friend when the friend suddenly exclaimed: 
'There is one thing wrong about your picture.' 

"'What is it?' inquired the artist.

"The door on which Jesus knocks has no handle,' replied his friend, 

"Ah,' responded Mr. Hunt, that is not a mistake, you see, this is the door to the human, it can only be opened from the inside.'

"And thus it is, Jesus may stand and knock, but each of us decides whether to open."

I was thinking about what I can to do open up my door (Heart) so that I can let Christ into my life.  And I realized that there is so much more that I can do to be able to accept the love of the Savior and let him bless my life.  It just depends on every one of us.  Think about that this week... What can you do to let the Lord into your life??

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment