Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Week 84 - March 4, 2019


Dear Family, 
Well, this week we had changes and I'm out of the Campo, no more pictures of pigs haha.  We had changes on Thursday because this week is a holiday called Carnaval.  A bunch of people in the street throwing water at people.  
But I'm going to miss the Centenario Ward a lot and the people that we were teaching!  They were amazing people and I was able to learn so much from them.  It was sad saying goodbye to all of them.  But It's weird to see another chapter of my mission finish and even weirder to hear that I'm going into my last chapter, my last area as a missionary.  I'm going to be finishing my mission in the COAST again, but I'll be in the Atacames Branch!  Atacames is so amazing.  It's right on the beach.  It has a lot of tourism for the beautiful beach and it's seafood.  I'm super excited to finish here because there is a lot of potential!





I haven't had a lot of time here, but I have been able to know some of our investigators and they are awesome.  We have an investigator named William. He's got three teeth and he's 50 years old.  He has had some problems with the Word of Wisdom, and we are working with him a lot so that he can overcome that problem and be baptized the end of the month.  The people here are super humble as well, and basically everyone accepts us.  So we have been able to find some amazing people as well this week.

But for Carnaval.  I don't have too much time to write, but next week I'll let you know how the Lord's work is going in Paradise!!

Oh yeah, as well, my new companion is Elder Soriano!!  He's from my group.  He's from Huancayo Peru!!  He's super awesome!  We already know each other pretty well and It's going to be a pretty fun change together!!

This week I wanted to share 3 similar experiences in the scriptures that have called my attention about how God sees us.
The first is in Moses 6:31-34:

"And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying:  Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?  And the Lord said unto Enoch:  Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee.  Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.  Say unto this people:  Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you."

The Second is in Jeremiah 1: 5-9:

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord God!  behold I cannot speak: for I am a child.  But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I commanded thee thou shalt speak.  Be not afraid of their faces:  for I am with thee to deliver thee saith the Lord.  Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth.  And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.  See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms..."

And the last is in Exodus 4: 10-13:

"And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant:  but I am slow of Speech, and of a slow tongue.  And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind?  have not I the Lord?  Now therefore GO, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.  And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send."

I have been thinking a lot about these three examples.  People that were weak, slow, uneducated, low of confidence, doubting themselves and God called them to guide all of his children back to his presence.  And I think why?  First things first.  God knew us before we came here like he says in Jeremiah.  He knows our potential.  He knows who we are and his knows what challenges we can overcome.  He knows what afflictions will make us stronger.  He sees us how we really are, as children of God.  And he treats us as if we are his children.  He sees that just like Moses, Enoch, and Jeremiah that we can as well be excellent leaders, friends, parents, workers, etc.  I feel God knew that they weren't his best options to be prophets, but these amazing prophets were able to become successful even despite their weaknesses. 
I challenge every one of us to as well, treat others as they really are and look at their potential in what they can become.  Everyone has weaknesses, but God knows us by name and knows what we can become.  Look for someone who maybe feels like these prophets, weak, slow, low of confidence, and give them some counsel, love, and confidence, so they as well, can reach their eternal potential.
Love, 
Elder Copeland
PS  Also, when I got here on Thursday, I found out that one of my investigators in the coast was going to get baptized on Saturday, so I was able to see her be baptized and visit my old sector.  So cool, SO HAPPY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment