Pages

Friday, May 3, 2019

Week 91 - April 22, 2019

Dear Family,

Yeah, so a lot has happened this past week... Starting off, I went up to Quito to be able to receive my companion, and my last companion haha.  His name is Elder Cruz.  He is 26 and from La Paz, Bolivia.  He is a convert to the Church and is super excited to be here in the mission.  He is awesome and is already teaching me so many things.  I'm excited for this time that we have together.  He's honestly like the nicest guy on the planet.  





After, we had to stay the night in Quito and I was able to visit some of the members in Quito.  I miss them so much.  They are the best people on the planet.

Also, Connor is now 24!  Happy birthday, Connor.  Love you!


But, let's see.  Also, this week we had the interview of Yoconda and found out that there are some things she has to figure out before she gets baptized.. Kind of a bummer, to be honest.  We were working super hard with her, but it requires a lot of patience and faith.  We are hoping that everything is going to be okay and that she can get baptized in the future.

We were able to put another baptismal date with one of our investigators named Cristian Chichande.  He has been going through a lot of hard things these past couple weeks... He wanted to get baptized over a year ago but wasn't able to because he had some family problems he needed to fix.  But, we went to his house this week and asked him if he's ready and he told us that he wants to get baptized May 31st,  his birthday!!  Such a miracle!  We are so excited for him and his decision to get baptized.  Everybody has their own time!

With Israel and Jessica, we were able to visit them and talk a lot more about their wedding date, and they told us that the end of May is when they want to get married, later baptized!! Ahh, I'm so excited for them.  They are so amazing and prepared.  They were so excited to tell us that they finally are going to get married.  They have been telling us what parts they have been reading in the Book of Mormon.  It's crazy that they already have read all of 1st Nephi... Everything's going well with them.  We are hoping that it stays like that, keep praying!

We were able to find a lot of new people as well this week that have a potential.  We are going to see what we can do to help them out this next coming week!  We are doing super good and excited for all of the potential we have here in Atacames.  Everything is going well.  I'm excited and my comp is awesome.  So there is nothing to complain about. While I was in Quito, I was able to visit a lot of the members and investigators that I met while I was there.  They are the best people ever, I miss them so much.:( Can't wait to see them again.





Oh, as well, Elder Bogren has been living with me for the last week.  Haha  He's opening up a new sector here in the Coast and is looking for a new house.  Life is good!

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment