Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Week 95 - May 20, 2019


Dear Family,

Well, this week went by super fast! It feels like just yesterday I was just talking to you guys… Everything is going by way too fast. Ammon and Daxton are already home, which just shocks me… But this week was honestly a super chill week for us.  We went to Quito this week and had my companion's first verifications and interviews with President.  I can’t believe I only have one more interview with him… I’m going to miss having the monthly interview with him.  He is such an amazing and inspired man.  As well, got to see Elder Harris again.







But, for here in the sector, we were able to have a pretty good day here in the coast.  We were able to teach all of our people with date.  Christian is doing well, but is passing through some challenges as of right now which just makes me kind of sad,  I really hope everything turns out okay for him.  It’s kind of frustrating for us because there is just honestly nothing that we can do… We are just hoping that his ex-wife can figure things out with him…

With Moises, we passed by and taught him and his mom and he is super excited to be baptized at the end of the month. They shared with us an experience on how they helped their dad so he wouldn’t drink alcohol haha.  It made me so happy to hear that they are watching out for their dad and helping him be a better person and to continue to follow Christ.  So sad to see the way people live here, they have nothing…

So something that I just hate about Ecuador is that they make it so hard for someone to get married.  They have been in the process of trying to get married for a little bit.  We got the number of a lawyer and he just isn’t really helping us out. It’s kind of been driving me crazy.  They are so close to be able to get married and baptized, they just need to figure out this process and get them there.  But we were able to pass by their house and talk to them about the story of Peter on the water and how we need to have a little more faith and always trust in the Lord.  Hopefully, we figure out this process of marriage this next coming week…

As for something that I learned this week, as I was reading in the New Testament, I came across the story of the young rich boy.  The Young Rich Boy is a good person.  He asks Christ what he lacks to enter into the kingdom of God.  God tells him that he must keep the commandments.  The rich boy later tells Christ that he has been doing that since he was a kid.  Than Christ gives him an answer on what else he lacks. He tells him that he must sell his riches and give it to the poor and follow him… The young man walked away a little bugged, knowing that he had to do something pretty difficult.  I love this story.  I don’t feel like the young man was bad in anyway.  He simply asked God what else he had to do to able to enter the kingdom of God.  The problem is that he received an answer that he didn’t expect, something that he truly felt like he couldn’t complete and he didn’t… How can we be a little better?  I feel like everyone in some point in their life will have to ask God what they lack… How is it that we can prepare ourselves to receive the answer that Christ will give us and follow him.

For my last seven weeks, I’m going to share the seven most important lessons that I have learned in the mission.

7. One of the best things that I feel like I’ve learned here in the mission is the fact the hard is good.  In the mission, I can’t even count on how many bad days I have had here haha. The majority of the mission is super hard, to be honest… I’ve had some hard companions, hard areas, hard wards, and etc.  But looking back at everything I have gone through, I have become such a better person through all my trials and tests that I have come through.  When I was set apart as a missionary, it tells me “the Lord loves you enough to also provide some challenges.  Times that you reflect back on your life and the times that you have grown the most are the times you have worked through challenges, questions, and issues.” I know that after the mission it won’t be any easier and that the trials will continue to come.  I’m so thankful that I have learned the true importance that  Hard is Good.

Love,
Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment