Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Week 99 - June 17, 2019

Dear Family,

Happy Fathers' Day!  Thanks, Dad, for everything that you do for me.  I can’t believe how fast this week went by. 


It was sad to hear about Grandpa Rigby, but like it says in the Book of Mormon:  “And those who died in the faith of Christ are happy in him…” We also know that he is happy with Grandma Rigby now.



This week was an interesting week because I spent basically the entire week outside of my sector.  I had my last interview with President Murphy, which was awesome.  We were able to have a good reflection over my entire mission.  As well, we had my last Zone Conference and President talked about the things that he wants for us.  He  doesn't want us to be great but, excellent and apply all of the things we know in to the real world.  President and Hermana Murphy go home in two weeks, which is so crazy to believe.  I will be with the new mission president, President Chacon, for just a week.  So, I’m excited to get to know him.

As well, our investigator Lola is doing awesome.  We were able to pass by a couple of times to visit her and get her ready for her baptism, and she already passed her interview so she should be getting baptized this next Saturday!! Hopefully, everything works out okay.  She is such an amazing person.

This week, we also went to the Judge House with Israel and Jessica to figure out what is going on and why the lawyer hasn’t been able to figure things out with some of their papers.  We went and they told us that all of their papers should be done by this Tuesday!!  They should be getting married this week or the next one!!  We have been praying and fasting for them to get this figured out for so long.  We are hoping that everything gets worked out on Tuesday!  We have faith that everything will be okay.

As well, we got a reference a couple weeks ago from some members who have a daughter that moved back from Columbia.  She is awesome.  We put a date for her,Yanela is her name, for the end of June.  She expressed to us that she felt like the day was super soon, so we helped her out understanding that it’s not just a step of knowing but having faith.  She still is kind of nervous to get baptized, but we are praying and hoping that everything works out okay!






3. Being Fathers' Day, it kind of goes along with one of the lessons that I learned here in the mission, which is, how important the family is.  Here in Ecuador honestly the families are just destroyed,  so few live the Law of Chastity here… There are a lot of teenagers that have kids and don’t have ways to help the baby because they don’t have any money and they don’t get an education..  It made me realize how blessed I really am to have such an amazing family that loves me and wants the best for me.  It is so sad to see here how the family just doesn’t really exist and how much they really need the gospel in their life.  I have gained a strong testimony of the Family--a Proclamation to the World and how much that blesses the families when they apply the teachings that it includes.  Satan is attacking the families in all of the world.  We must be prepared so that our families don’t fall with him.  Thanks to the mission, I have been able to see a lot of mistakes of the people here in their families, and a lot of the mistakes from the Nephites and Lamanites.  Now I know what I must do to avoid them and continue in the covenant path.  I am now so grateful for my family.

Heres a list of my favorite 20 scriptures.

20. 2 Nephi 22:2 “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation”

19. Moses 1:12-13  “And it came to pass that when Moses had said these words, behold, Satan came tempting him. Saying: Moses, son of man, worship me. And it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said: Who are thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his only Begotten; and where is thy glory. That I should worship thee?”

18. 4 Nephi 1:16-17  “And there were no envying, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God. There were no robbers, nor murders, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of –ites; but they were in one, the Children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.”

17. D&C 121:7-8  “My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then. If thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.”

16. Moses 6:31-34 “And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I they servant? And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open they mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good. Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you. Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and thy mountains shall flee before you and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.”

15. Mathew 11:28-30 “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take ye yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

14. Ether 12:27  “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”

13. Moses 1:39  “For Behold, this is my work and my glory-to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.”

12. 3 Nephi 17:20-21  “And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full. And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.”

11. Mosiah 4:27  “And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.”

10. Alma 31:37  “And after that they did separate themselves one from another, taking no thought for themselves what they should eat, or what they should drink, or what they should put on.”

9. 2 Nephi 9:7  “Wherefore it must needs be an infinite atonement- save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration. And if so, this flesh must have laid down to rot and to crumble to its mother earth, to rise no more.”

8. Philippians 4:13  “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

7. Moroni 10:32  “Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.”

6. Alma 26:12  “Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself. But I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.”

5. Genesis 45:3-5,14  “And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were troubled at his presence. And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life. And he fell upon his brother Benjamin’s neck, and wept, and Benjamin wept upon his neck.”

4. Alma 34:10 “For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice; yea, not a sacrifice of man. Neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be an infinite and eternal sacrifice.”

3. 3 Nephi 5:13  “Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, I have been called of him to declare his word amoung his people, that they might have everlasting life.”

2. 2 Nephi 28:30  “For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.”

1. Enos 1:27 “And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, There is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen”

Love,
Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment