Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Week 2 - August 5, 2017

What a week! 

To be honest though, the weeks here just blend into one day and you can barely remember anything that happened that specific day. 

But Sunday was an awesome day!  We had a devotional and then watched a video of a talk from Elder Bednar and it was honestly incredible!  It was a talk that you can only listen to in the MTC.  It was about having a testimony is not enough to stay in the church. "You need to be converted to Christ" and you have to have Christ's attributes into your daily routine.  I felt the Spirit so strong and it made me have a different purpose as a missionary. 





Other then that, not much has happened this week.  Just learning more day by day.  Thank goodness I have the coolest people on the planet in my district.  


 (Some of Elder Copeland's best buds.  From left to right:  Elder Harris, Quito North; Elder Bogren, Quito North; Elder McClees, Quito North; Elder Trenkle, Guyaquil North; and
Elder Booth, Guyaquil West.   Ecuador is getting some good Elders!)




It's been a week of ups and downs, some really hard times where I felt like I couldn't learn the language.  So one night I got down on my knees and prayed for like ten minutes and I tried to say as much as I could in Spanish.  I asked for some help specifically with patience and with the ability to learn the language. 

The next day we were studying for our next lesson and I was searching for some scriptures about prayer, and I accidentally went to this scripture Mosiah 23:10.  It says, "Nevertheless, after much tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of his truth."  It was such a relief to me and I instantly felt peace as I read that scripture.  Knowing that Heavenly Father knows that I am struggling, but he, also, knows that because of this I will  be a better "instrument" in His hands.  Just a reminder that it's not my work, its the Lord's work and that he will prepare me the way that I need to be prepared so that I can bring "many unto the knowledge of his truth."  It was the biggest testimony builder that Heavenly Father hears my prayers and loves me. 

If you guys are preparing for a mission, read the stories of the sons of Mosiah.  I've been reading them and they are my idols.  I know that they had their problems on their mission, but they did everything they could to serve the Lord and I'm going to do the same.  So I challenge you guys to read a couple of those chapters each night.  Daily scripture study is essential to leaving a happy life. 

Also, if you get the chance to get a tour of the MTC, you should do it.   The new buildings are amazing!  Each floor has a mural and they are the most beautiful things ever.  I'll include what some of them look like. 

Thank you all for your prayers.  I can feel them.  La iglesia es veradero.

Elder Copeland
2 Nephi 22:2

No comments:

Post a Comment