Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 4 - August 19, 2017

Another week at the MTC and the days still pretty much feel the same .  There is not that big of a difference in the days. 

Not too much happened this week, to be honest.  But we did get to see two more apostles.  We got to see Elder M. Russell Ballard, and his talk was so good.  He talked about how we, as missionaries, need to focus on the missions and kind of not focus too much about what is going on at home.  I can tell a lot of missionaries need to hear it.  We also got to hear from Elder Neil L Anderson, and his talk was unreal--one of the best talks that I have heard.  He talked about how there are so  many people out there in every country waiting to hear the gospel, and that they need us there.  It was so good.  The spirit was so strong.  It made me want to be a better missionary and made me want to push myself even more.  It's true though.  There's so many people out there that did not get to grow up with all of the things that I got to grow up with, so why would I not take time out of my life to help those people.  

We also taught another TRC this week, and it was really good.  Elder Harris and I did so well.  My Spanish is coming along a little more.  I'm still not very good, but I know that it will come eventually.  It's not on my timing, it's more on the Lord's timing.  Honestly, other than that, not too much happened. 



 (Elder Copeland with his former Bishop, John Peterson.)




 (Elder Conner Prosser going to the Argentina Mendoza Mission, Elder Copeland going to the Ecuador Quito North Mission, and Elder Jimmy MeKeon going to the Missouri Mission.  All best friends in high school.)
Some of my good friends left to the mission field which was sad.  Elder Trenkle and Elder Lesuer are going to Ecuador Guaquil North.  Then also my best bud, Elder Prosser, left to Argentina Mendoza.  Going to miss seeing them so much in the MTC.  But I only have like 16 more days here, which is crazy.  Time is starting to fly.  Love you all so much. 

(Elder Lesuer and Elder Trenkle)
 (Elder Copeland with Elder Nipko, who he says is "my role model.")

Elder Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment