Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Week 3 - August 12, 2017

What a week here at the MTC again haha. 

I still love it here, but I am so beyond sick of the food that I am eating everyday.  Another week that not much happened though.  

Sunday was Fast Sunday and we fasted forever, but it was all worth it in the end, because at the end of the day Elder BEDNAR came and did a Q&A with all of the missionaries.  It was so cool.  He ended it by blessing every missionary so that the Holy Ghost will comfort us and let us know that all of us can do it.  The Spirit was so strong.  It was one of the best things that I've been a part of. 

Then the next day was probably the worst day so far. Everything went wrong.  We had our first TRC, and we did so bad we couldn't say anything that we wanted to say.  It was so frustrating, but I just moved on to the next day and it got better.  Then we had a TRC on Thursday and I did so much better.  I could say a lot more and the Spirit was so strong. We had a lesson planned for Constanza (TRC Investigator), and she completely changed the topic about how Joseph Smith saw Angle Moroni, but we did so good answering the question.  It was so cool.  

So the next TRC visit that we had was the biggest testimony builder.  We talked about how families can be forever and she loved it.  We talked about our families and her family that is in Chile.  We then showed the video of Christ getting baptized.  After that, I shared my testimony on Christ and how he is the perfect example to us and that we will bless us with an eternal family.   She started crying.  I couldn't believe it!  My testimony was all in Spanish--almost perfect--and I don't know how I said half of the stuff.  I then asked her if she wanted to get baptized and she said yes.  The Spirit was so strong, and she told my companion and me that she has never had such a good lesson.  Then she took a picture with us.  It was unreal.  It helped me know that el don de lenguas (Gift of Tongues) is real and that I can do this. 

And then Saturday, I was sitting in class and I walked out and saw T-BONE (Trevin Rothwell) and he told me that my whole family was here, so I was watching for them for awhile and then I saw my whole family.  (They had come for the Missionary Training Center Tour.)  It was so awesome being able to see them.  Everyone kept asking me if I was sad about seeing my family and I said, "No, it was just a testimony builder for me to know that I'm supposed to be here."

  (Elder Copeland with his parents.)

(Elder Copeland with his sisters, Lauren and Hannah)


 (Elder Copeland with his cousins, Brady and Jenna, and Aunt Kim)


I love my mission and even though there are bad days, it's all worth it in the end, because the second you feel the Spirit, all doubt and anger goes away.  

Don't forget to read the scriptures, not just the Book of Mormon, but just stories from all of the books.  In 2 Nephi 29: 8, it says, "Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word?  Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am god, that I remember one nation like unto another?  Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another.  And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also."  The Bible and the Book of Mormon run together.  I love that we often forget all of the answers in the Bible, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine and Covenants. 

Love you all, the Church is true.
Elder Copeland

P.S.  Also, Elder Booth and I started a "No Fat Club" on our floor so that we don't keep gaining weight.  I've gained 2 lbs already.  So we run laps in our dorms.  And that's good news!

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment